Wednesday, August 6, 2014

EMBRACING THE "POSSIBILITEES"


 
The past days leading to this week have been crazy, if not, overwhelming. My husband and I are down to the last few months of planning our church wedding and I still couldn’t get my finger on a few yet significant details. Straight out of our civil wedding ceremony, which happened about a month ago, we had to jump right into planning the next big event with so much to do and so little time.
 

Having worked in the hospitality industry for almost 9 years now, I’ve gone through organizing big events such New Year parties, fashion shows, launching new brands, etc. Over the years, I have managed to stay focused on these work related affairs, and surprisingly, now that I am planning my own, I seem to have trouble putting one and two together. I guess it really is different when you’re planning your own wedding.
 
Having crossed out and solved a couple of concerns in our master list, I have now come to that point of planning the motif and style concept for my entourage. Again, with just a few months left in the calendar, I had to decide on what my pretty bridesmaids should wear and this had to be worked out in a jiffy, without having to bargain and haggle time in design studios. I’d hate to rush anyone to make magic in one swoosh just because I am already behind my schedule. With the planning in full swing, finding the perfect dresses is never easy - or cheap.
 
Thinking out of the box and dreaming of Kate Spade colors, I decided to streamline my design paradigm and look into possibilities available in retail shops. Lo and behold, I have found the perfect garment to dress my pretty friends in, sans the usual bridal accents and embellishments.

Say hello to Soul Lifestyle’s PossibiliTEES Dress -
the ultimate versatile and convertible party dress that can be worn in a multitude of ways.
 

Created out of soft and billowy fabric, it can very well pass off as a bridesmaid dress. This piece comes with a dainty pouch, customized with your choice of initials or monogram. How’s that for a bridesmaid gift? 

Seeing this online was like a lightbulb moment for me. It’s a one-stop solution for any wardrobe crisis, be it for weddings or any occasion for that matter. I only have six bridesmaids yet this one dress can already style up to more than a dozen lassies! It’s like having 30 looks in one.

 
Anyone can get creative because there are in fact endless options! It's really fun to experiment with this garment and find a look you love --- from sweet to edgy, short to long, to casual or formal. The possibilities of this one product are infinite and only bound by creativity, resourcefulness, fashion intuition and imagination. My bridesmaids won’t only get to enjoy this dress one time, but also reuse it in several more celebrations and destinations.

 

I raise a toast to Mimi Vergara-Tupas, the creative genius behind Soul Lifestyle, for coming up with everyday wonders like this. Just like the Mod Audrey collection, the PossibiliTEES Dress is a style she designed herself. Stitching together tubes of fabric and bands in different lengths and drapes, she has come up with numerous designs that have now become wardrobe staples for most women, especially those who love to travel and embrace a fast-paced life. I remember Mimi sharing her design philosophy during one of those talks we had in the past. “Women love versatility and we love looking fabulousEvery day and everywhere, we have run into significant life encounters that prompt us to adapt to different situations and environments. Change is the most constant thing in this world, so why shouldn’t your fashion change with you? I want to inspire women to express their uniqueness through convertible, sustainable and functional fashion that can adapt to any mood or occasion. I believe in a functional wardrobe that can withstand all seasons and spark up your originality and creativity.”


Check out more colors and style options for the PossibiliTEES Dress and send in your orders through https://www.facebook.com/SOULLifestyle.
(photos courtesy of Soul Lifestyle)
---
Story published on my newspaper column, Metro Mom.
A1, Indulge, Edge Davao, Vol. 7 Issue no. 102, 6 August 2014.


 

1 Comments:

At August 7, 2014 at 5:55 PM , Blogger Sound of Life said...

Brilliant!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home