Wednesday, May 21, 2014

IT'S A PIECE OF CAKE


Who doesn't love cheesecakes? Every bite of this decadent, creamy, dreamy dessert always brings joy and satisfaction to any sweet tooth. It sweetens up any occasion, meal, and, in some cases, relationships and even career.


"Desserts brought me and my husband closer. We both love sweets and we'd always share a slice or two," reveals Aimee Go-Bonguyan, a proud homemaker and owner of Chloe's Cheesecake (a dessert factory offering bite sized cheesecakes).


Aimee Go-Bonguyan and her daughter, Chloe.
"Of all the pastries invented, cheesecake is my all-time favorite," shares Aimee. "Baking has always been my passion since I was in high school. I used to enjoy the no-bake recipe for cheesecake, but I eventually learned how to bake one. This love of cheesecakes followed me throughout my years in school and even during my travels. It was in one of those travels that I took time to immerse myself in the world of cheesecakes. I went around New York City to check out various shops known for their cheesecakes. If others splurged on shopping, museum visits, and watching plays in NYC, I was on a hunt for the perfect and unique cheesecake recipe and went on numerous food tastings. It was a delicious experience and research is always a good excuse to try different restaurants, especially when you're out of town. Everything I learned came in handy when I opened Chloe's Cheesecake in 2012."

 
Sweet beginnings
 
"My husband, Brian, and I have been together for many years before we decided to take the big leap. He was very supportive of my need for fulfillment in terms of career. I have a degree in Medical Technology and I worked in hospitals after graduating college. And then there was that short stint in a telecommunications company. Over time, I realized that what I really wanted was to work abroad. Soon, I landed a job with Qatar Airways. I worked as cabin crew for 4 years before residing back in Davao City."

Aimee and family
"Brian and I got married in 2010. Life after the wedding has been nothing but beautiful. We've been blessed with a daughter, Chloe, who is now 2 years old. I focused life around my family and thought of turning a hobby into a business (so it would never have to feel like work)."

 
"I opened Chloe's Cheesecake just in time for the Christmas season. Since then, business has been doing well. My main products are the baked cheesecakes which come in different flavors and toppings such as strawberry, blueberry, dulce de leche, mocha, chocolate, durian, chocolate chip and ube."

 
"Aside from my signature products, I also sell oatmeal fudge bars, choco moist and yema cupcakes, rainbow blondies, soft and chewy cookies and cake in jars. Other specialties include 3 oz cheesecakes in different variations --- Snickers, Oreo, KitKat and Black Forest. To this day, I have clients who order and ship boxes of our cakes to Cebu and Manila. There are even some who order in bulk for weddings and special occasions."

 
Striking balance

Aimee juggles work with motherhood. "I work around my daughter's schedule. I still devote time and energy to breastfeed my child and it gives me that satisfaction of being able nourish her with the best milk. I'm with my child day in and day out. Baking only comes in when Chloe is taking her nap or when my husband comes home and takes my place as Chloe's playmate. I'm lucky that I get to do my work in the comfort of my home, where I can still watch over my daughter. Family is one of the reasons why I chose to be self employed. I've fully committed myself to this family, but it doesn't mean that I'm not going to work anymore. I realized that it's important to invest in your skills and interest because these experiences and learnings will all come in handy eventually. I'm more than happy and grateful with our family and the life we lead. The success of my little business is just the icing on the cake."


For inquiries and orders, please follow and message Chloe's Cheesecake on Facebook or call 09321292220.
---
Story published on my newspaper column, Metro Mom.
A1, INdulge, Edge Davao, Vol. 7 Issue no. 47, 21 May 2014.
 

1 Comments:

At May 21, 2014 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Sound of Life said...

I love how the love of baking is shown in every creation she makes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home