Thursday, February 13, 2014

MAGS CUE: HER PASSION FOR FASHION


 
A former commercial model, Mags Cue is the brains behind MAGS, one of the country’s most successful clothing brands. Originally from Cagayan de Oro, MAGS now boasts of twenty-one branches nationwide and has dressed countless of celebrities and influential ladies in the society.

 

This proud mom of three got her entrepreneurial roots from her family. Her parents had their own tailoring and dress shop which produced anything from uniform to couture dresses. “My family’s business actually sparked my interest in fashion,” explains Mags.

 
With her distinct features and fashion intuition, she was discovered by talent scouts in Manila who offered her roles in commercials and other TV appearances. Soon after that, she met and married, Oliver John Yu Cue, who manages several businesses in Cagayan de Oro.

 

“Honestly, it was only out of boredom that I began looking into business investments. My husband was out of the house for work most of the day and I had so much leisure time left at home. I wanted to make use of my time wisely and do something productive. I’ve contemplated on so many possibilities and reflected on what it is that really fascinates me. If I was going to open a business, it should be something that I can really enjoy for a long time --- something that embodies who I am as a person and what I love the most. That way, it won’t feel like work. So I decided to venture into fashion. In year 2004, I opened the first branch of MAGS in Cagayan de Oro.”

 

Aside from providing quality apparel and for women, Mags says customer relations is one of the main focus of her brand. “To us, we do not just sell clothes. We want to be part of every customer’s lifestyle.”

 

MAGS is also known for their series of fashion shows wherein they invite their loyal customers to walk the ramp and show off their personal style.


Mags Cue is definitely one beauty who has made her mark in the industry. Just last September, she was chosen as one of the 2013 Best Dressed Women of the Philippines, which is made up of a roster of women who have, as described by PCS Honorary Chairperson Imelda Cojuangco, “accomplished in their chosen passion yet remain humble; driven yet compassionate.”
---
Story published on my newspaper column, Metro Mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home