Wednesday, April 3, 2013

PARTY SY-STER


Twenty-five year old Charisse Ann Sy is the newest member in today’s brood of talented event stylists.
“I never thought my fascination with flower arrangements would bloom into a career in event styling. When I was a kid, I killed boredom by picking out Santan flowers in the garden and turn them into bracelets for my friends in school. Since then, I became more interested in arts and crafts. Those skills were well put into use when I was in high school and college. I was part of this group who made props for the school plays.”
“I have always been appointed as the party organizer even way back in school. I had this knack for collecting wedding magazines which I found useful whenever I thought of ways to spruce up a friend’s birthday surprise and other family celebrations.”
This chinky-eyed gal was still in college when she and her sister decided to put up their own events production outfit, amply called as Party Systers (taken from their own surname).
“It all began with my sister’s return from a balloon workshop. She taught me everything she learned from that seminar. It took quite a while before I learned the ropes of balloon twisting and all the magic involved in styling a whole room with balloons. We had fun mastering all the techniques because it was something we wanted to learn when we were kids. We decided to turn this hobby into a profit-making exercise.”
“We didn’t want to be this typical shop where people just order in balloons. We had quite a number of other skills we could try and put to use. We have this vision of setting up big events not only with balloons, but also with paper crafts, flowers, fabric, light, candies, and decorative plates. We did a couple more research on interior design and events planning. It took a couple of months before we officially branded ourselves as event stylists. We were unsure of where we would stand as there were already several event stylists in town who have made a name for themselves. It was merely by word of mouth that our services became known to people in our circle. At first, our availability was only limited to weekends as I had classes during weekdays. Straight after college, I devoted myself fully to this job and we began accepting events of all kind. We’re now on our 3rd year in business, and I’m very grateful to say that our clientele continue to improve over the years.”
“We work with mood boards, which make it easy for our clients to understand the ideas we present to them. We are very hands on, even to the smallest detail. We put forward suggestions to our clients on how to personalize their event through custom-made details. We conceptualize and articulate our client’s desired theme and we work hand in hand with them to turn their vision into a harmonious celebration.”
“I think of this job as a medium to express reality. Together with my sister, we dedicate our time and passion to make innovative set designs for all occasions. Our goal is not only to make a beautiful setting, but also a wonderful and memorable experience for our clients and their guests.”
For more about the services offered by the Party Systers, you can visit their office atDoor 102, LMGG Building, Mabini corner Avancena Street, Davao City. You can also get in touch with them through mobile number 0922-3158777.
---
Story published on my newspaper column, Metro Mom.
A1, INdulge section, Edge Davao, Vol. 6 Issue 13, 02 April 2013.
 

 

 

 

2 Comments:

At April 16, 2014 at 10:04 PM , Blogger Gerard Condeza said...

How can I contact her?

 
At October 4, 2014 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Updated Numbers for The Party Systers:

Tel: 286-0547
Mobile: 0917-627-8604

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home